Advertisement Posting Guidelines
Duplicate ads are two or more ads that contain similar product or services from ad" titles, ad details, or images previously published "
"Users will receive an ad notification from the list of" notifications "if a duplicate ad is posted, and a tag will be shown blocked"next to the ad.
The goal of rejecting duplicate ads is to give a fair chance for other users to show their ads on the first page when they're published, to ensure accurate search, and to enjoy browsing the site without feeling bored with repeating ads.
Please observe the site policy and conditions and avoid the following when posting ads:
1. Posting duplicate ads and more than one membership.
Publish multiple duplicate / similar ads with the intent to fill in certain categories of site and search results.
2. Copy ads from other members.
Copy any / all of the other member's ad details and use them for their ads.
3. Multiple accounts
Members who create more than one account (1), in order to add the same ad group repeatedly to all accounts.
4. General marketing advertising
Post a promoting ad with two or more unrelated products/products in the title, photos, and descriptive areas.
5. Identity Theft
Create a member account by using someone else's personal information and phone numbers for the purpose of disturbing them or to obtain physical and intangible objects from others for their own benefit.
6. Use of tags/keywords
Use repeated and unlinked keywords in ad details.
7. Misinformation in advertising
This violation includes incorrect pricing, incorrect status, and non-advertising images, including thumbnails.
8. Unwanted chats
Send desired chats to registered members by promoting or offering products, services, and companies.
Chats that may be considered abusive or indirect, such as threats, as well as inappropriate and offensive language.
9. Fraud and illegal advertisements.
Ads published for fraud/scam other registered members.
10. Prohibited Materials
Such as: - Ads that refer to the online games account
- Ads that refer to the sale or transaction of virtual currencies (such as PayPal, PeteQuins, e-currencies, etc.)
- Medicines sold by individuals
- Loans and financing of all kinds.
- There are many articles that are forbidden to be published on the site, and you can review the terms and policies of using the site to learn more about them.
11. Theft of images
Use images from other ads in their published ads.
12. Ads in wrong sections
Ads published in sections that are incorrect or irrelevant other than where they should be posted.
13. Publish the mobile number in ad title and image
Mobile numbers are not allowed in ad title and image.
You can learn more about our usage policy at:
All ads you post must comply with our policies and guidelines, and if one of these terms is exceeded, your post will be rejected.
- Alcohol, liquor, tobacco products, narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances, liqueurs, medicines, and analgesics, or even the establishment of links, whether direct or indirect, of articles, products or services prohibited by law
- Human or natural human organs including blood and body fluids as well.
- Prostitution or any other services, including violating the provisions of the law immoral or improper representation of women, which would violate the contemporary standards of ethics and ethics in Arab societies.
- Religious materials, including books, antiques, etc., or any information or description of any of these materials that affect the religious feelings of any person or group.
- Sexual tools and inspirations (including the implication of slavery and idols), genital mutilation, and so forth.
- The prohibited effects or treasures are traded under any applicable law.
- Information and material indicating libel, defamation, threat or even abuse.
- False information about the nature or manner of using the products and services.
- Counterfeit or stolen goods or illegal and authorized services.
- Goods, materials, and services that infringe the rights and intellectual property of any third party, or even the privacy of any person.
- Transferring electronic computer viruses or any program that would hack and destroy computer systems and withdraw personal data.
- Your information should not contain any content that is offensive to users and/or animals.
- Hazardous chemicals and pesticides.
- Fireworks, explosives, improvised explosive devices and other dangerous and burning materials.
- Personal documents, financial records and any personal information including mailing lists.
- Lottery tickets, horseback betting and slot machines.
- Police and military equipment, including uniforms, uniforms, coats, weapons, and other items that prevent circulation.
You can read more about OpenSooq use of terms by visiting the following Link:
Prohibited Content (s): Any ad containing one or more of the prohibited things below will be deleted. The site reserves the right to permanently delete the user's account, blacklist it, or notify the competent authorities of applicable law:
- Alcoholic Beverages, Liquor, tobacco products, drugs, psychotropic substances, narcotics, intoxicants of any description, medicines, palliative/curative substances nor shall you provide a link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of items, goods or services that are prohibited under any applicable law
- Living, dead person and/or the whole or any part of any human which has been kept or preserved by any means whether artificial or natural including any blood, bodily fluids and/ or body parts
- Prostitution or any other service in nature there of that purports to violate the provisions of Immoral Act or Indecent representation of women which violates the contemporary standards of morality and decency in the Arab society.
- Religious items, including books, artifacts, etc. or any information, description of any such item that is likely to affect the religious sentiments of any person or group
- Offensive Material intended for use in a sexual setting (including "bondage" and "fetish" items,) displaying sexual activity or portraying human genitalia in a "life-like" or realistic fashion
- "Antiquities" and "Art Treasures" not authorized for sale or trading under any applicable law
- Information or items that are defamatory, libelous, threatening or abusive in nature
- Information that is fraudulent, misrepresentation as to the nature and use of the goods or the services.
- Counterfeit, Pirated, and stolen goods or unauthorized illegal services (services for which you are not licensed or permitted to do or do not have the authority to undertake).
- Items, goods, and services that infringe or attempt to pass off any third parties intellectual property or rights of publicity or moral rights and or purports to breach any persons right to privacy.
- Electronically transmitting through any medium computer viruses of any type or any computer program that facilitates hacking of a computer system which the intent to damage a computer or computer network or intercept any personal data.
- Your information shall not include any hate content, that is derogatory or slanderous in nature that may be directed to any individual or group or advocate violence against any users individuals and or animals.
- Hazardous chemicals and pesticides
- Fireworks, Destructive Devices, and Explosives including any material that enables the making of fireworks, explosive triggers, and explosive devices.
- Identity Documents, Personal Financial Records & Personal Information (in any form, including mailing lists)
- Lottery Tickets, Sweepstakes Entries and Slot Machines
- Military or Police Badges, Uniforms, coats-of-arms and or any Government emblems, insignia, and/ or items related to military or police that are not authorized for sale or trading under any applicable law
- Weapons and related items (such as firearms, firearm parts and magazines, ammunition, tear gas, stun guns or switchblade knives
- "Pyramid schemes" and "Multilevel Marketing" and/ or similar scams which are solely listed for the purpose of defrauding users.
- Spam, abusive, duplicate, listing, fraud schemes (e.g. "Get rich quick" "work at homes" scams which are solely listed for the purpose of duping users)
- Inappropriate, Wrong Category (e.g dining table listed as office furniture).
- Endangered animal species or animals advertised for fighting or offensive purposes
- Loans, funding services, & financing companies
Using OpenSooq. You will post in the appropriate category or area and will not do any of the following bad things:
- violate any laws or our Prohibited Content Policy;
- be false or misleading;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm OpenSooq or the interests or property of OpenSooq users;
- impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of OpenSooq;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access OpenSooq and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to OpenSooq.
- include personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent.
You can check all of your ads by browsing the list of ads in your account after logging into your account and then by clicking on "My ads" you'll find your list of "active" and "inactive ads", and all details on your ads either blocked, active, unpublished, or expired.
You can also use Search Box property and type the title of the ad, or by entering the section and then the sub-section containing the ad to find your ad.
You can extend your ad life by using the free ad repost service every 14 days and you can repost your ad by following these steps:
1. Click "My Account" and then "My Ads".
2. You will find the "Re-post" option under your ad options.
3. By clicking the "Re-repost" button, you will be able to extend the life of your ad and appear on a recent date.
You can also take advantage of the re-post service to make your ad more visible to your subscribers by using the paid bump up service, which enables you to repost your ad at any time you wish before the basic publishing period (14 days) passes.
You can subscribe to the re-post service by following the steps above and choosing the desired form of payment.
You can learn more about the paid postback service at:
We may also delete any of your content (such as posts, ads, replies, and comments) that we believe violates or tends to violate any law, rule, regulation, or policy without prior notice
Inactive ads are listed in your account for several reasons:
1. As the ad expires on the site 90 days after its published date, a mark next to the ad appears as "Expired".
2. or because it is rejected by the site's moderators for one of the reasons stated in "Why was my ad removed" and a tag next to the ad showing "Blocked."
3. Or to exceed the limit for posting ads in your account and a "pending" will appear next to the ad.
If you exceed the maximum number of ads allowed, you can increase the number of ads by upgrading your account to a premium membership or shop that allow you to move your ad from ineffective to effective ads.
For more information about membership and shop, please see the following link:
So that your ad will be posted as "blocked " if the title or details of the ad contains similar ad information previously published (duplicate).The reason for deleting duplicate ads is to give a fair chance for other users to show their ads on the first page when they're published, to ensure accurate search, and to enjoy browsing the site without getting bored with repeating ads.
The other reason, as well as the repetition of ads, is to publish ads that display under the list of products and services that we are prohibited from publishing and you can see this list through the following link:
Your effective ads that expire 90 days after they are posted will be moved to the "Inactive Ads" page after they expire.
If you want to return the expired ads from your account, you can click "Copy and Publish" to re-activate the advertisement.
Ads are shown by date added from the most recent to the oldest on the site, and over time the ads will be added to the following pages in advance, this is the normal behavior of all ads.
How do I make sure my ad appears when I search for it?
You can make sure your ad appears in search results by choosing keywords you think viewers are more likely to use when searching for your ad.